Few months after Nigeria mourned the death of former Flying Eagles star, Isaac Promise, the country has received another shocking news that Philip Osondu, who was the star boy of Nigeria’s Under-17 Golden Eaglets’ exploit in Canada in 1987, has died.
He reportedly died in Belgium at the age of 48 after taking self to the hospital to be examined on Thursday.
According to reports, Osondu was said to have felt unwell at work and decided to visit the hospital where he subsequently died.
The Aba-born former footballer played regularly for the youth teams of Nigeria but never represented Nigeria at the senior national team level.
In 1987, the former RSC Anderlecht of Belgium player was part of Nigeria’s team to the World Under 16 tournament in Canada. The Golden Eaglets reached the final but lost on penalties to the Soviet Union.
Osondu got the World Cup Golden Ball as the best player of the tournament.
The 48-year-old played in Nigeria for El-Kanemi Warriors before RSC Anderlecht signed him to Belgium in 1988. The attacker was seen as an emerging football talent and was transferred to Anderlecht that was a promising team.
Checkout ViralGistng Latest Contents:
- Banky W Expresses Sadness Over Human Rights Abuses In Nigeria
- Ghanaian OAP Blames Nigerians For Failed Cardi B Meeting
- Nigeria To Know 2022 World Cup Qualifiers Opposition In January
- Fans Roast Mr P On Twitter, Advise Him To Quit Music
- Court Adjourns Naira Marley’s Case Till December 12
- Rema’s Iron Man Makes Rollingstone’s 2019 Top 50 Songs
- I Fit Arrange Slap For You – Speed Darlington Warns Tunde Ednut
- Brodashaggi Reportedly Becomes Otedola’s Son-In-Law
- Terry G Issues Deep Apology To Baby Mama
- US Rapper Juice Wrld Reportedly Committed Suicide
- Don Jazzy Tasks Government On Promotion Of Human Rights
- South African Rapper, AKA, Shade Nigerians Over Cardi B
- Orezi Thankful For Surviving Car Accident In Lagos
- I Am Missing Nigeria – Cardi B Confesses
- Ex-BB Naija Housemate, Diane, Releases First Film
- Yomi Black Tackles Toke Makinwa Over Over Cardi B
- Nigerian-British Actress Nominated For Gloden Globe Awards
- American Rapper, Juice Wrld, Dies At 21
- Cardi B Apologises To Ghanaian Celebrities On Instagram
- Lady Drags Davido’s Boy For Refusing To Pay For Sex
- Nigerian Celebrities Condemn Sowore’s Re-Arrest
- Don’t Play Naira Marley’s Songs – Bowen University Warns DJ