The internet has, once again, been set on fire as multi-Grammy Award-winning artiste, Angelique Kidjo, and Nigerian Soul music star, Asa, were seen conversing in Yoruba as though it is a mother and child moment.
In what could be described as one of the biggest things to hit the internet today, the Beninese African music legend spoke the language very fluently that it could be concluded that she was raised in the Southwestern region of Nigeria.
Kidjo greeted Asa in Yoruba, saying: “omo iya mi,” which implies my sister.
The singer, whose album, Celia, won the Best World Music Album award, also added that it was her first visit to Lagos since she left at the age of 13 and she is anxiously waiting to see what the city has in stock for her.
Recall that upon winning the prestigious award for the fourth time in her over three decades music career, Kidjo dedicated the award to Nigerian Afro-fusion star, Burna Boy.
See video below:
Checkout ViralGistng Latest Contents:
- Nigerians React To Golden Boy Entertainment Vs Peruzzi War
- Zlatan Ibile And His Crew Allegedly Attack Vico
- More Gory Details About Peruzzi, Chioma Resurface
- Davido Or Peruzzi – Twitter Votes Who Chioma Should Marry
- Empress Njamah Narrates Ordeal With Criminals
- Lola Omotayo Replies Davido For Shading Her Husband
- Speed Darlington Mocks Rival Artiste On Instagram
- Diddy Advises Men As He Pays Tribute To Late Partner
- Naira Marley Reminds Nigerian Youths Of Their Duties
- Medical Examiners Reveal Cause Of Juice Wrld’s Death
- DJ Cuppy Reveals How Much She Want To Make In 2020
- Mr P And Lola Okoye Celebrate Daughter On Birthday
- Pastors That Disobey Christ Are Marlians – Daddy Freeze
- Asa Recounts Experience With Yahoo Boys
- Yung6ix Call Out MI On Twitter, Expresses Grievances
- Golden Boy Entertainment Boss Fires At Davido Again
- Nollywood Actor Undergoes Successful Eye Surgery
- Davido Will Never Marry Any Woman – Kemi Olulonyo
- Davido Set To Appear In Latest Nollywood Movie